The holiday season is always bustling! Between gift shopping and special events, everyday chores like grocery shopping might be missed on your to-do list. But before you know it, your big family dinner will be around the corner. This is where Farmway Foods comes to the rescue with our meat delivery in Ontario! Our top-quality local Ontario meats and free home delivery make your life easier during the holidays… and every day of the year!
Easy & Delicious Meals for Your Whole Family
Roasts may look intimidating, but they’re surprisingly easy to cook if you know what to do! Our meats are from local Ontario farms, so you can feel good about serving your family the best quality (and tastiest!) foods on the market. Keep reading to discover three easy holiday meals that your family will love.
Sirloin Beef Roast from Ontario Grass-Fed Beef
- Season your sirloin beef roast as desired. Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line your pan with your favourite veggies and herbs for extra flavour (garlic, carrots, onions, and celery are good choices). Add a bit of water to the pan and lay your beef roast on top of the veggies.
- Bake your sirloin beef roast in the oven. You’ll need to cook it for about 15 minutes for every pound. This means a 4lb beef roast would take about an hour to cook. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure you know when your roast is done cooking: the thickest part of your beef roast should be a temperature of about 115-125°F (depending on how well you like your meat cooked).
- Turn off your oven and loosely cover the top of your roast in aluminum foil. Let it sit in the oven for between 20-40 minutes, depending on how ‘done’ you’d like your roast to be. If you’re using a meat thermometer to measure the ‘doneness’ of your roast:
130°F for rare
145°F for med-rare
160°F for medium
170°F for well-done
- Remove your roast from the oven. Set it sit for another 20 minutes (still wrapped in aluminum foil). Then you’re ready to carve up your beef roast and enjoy!
Black Forest Ham from Ontario Pasture-Raised Pork
- Black forest ham is perfectly spiced, cured, and aged before it reaches your freezer. This makes it the easiest of all to cook: just let it defrost in your refrigerator overnight and sliced it as desired!
- If you’d like to heat up your black forest ham, preheat your oven to 325°F. Put your ham in a shallow baking dish and let it bake for about 15 minutes per pound. You can use a meat thermometer to check when your ham is done (an internal temperature of 140°F).
Whole Chicken from Ontario Free-Run Chicken
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Remove any giblets from inside your whole chicken. Don’t rinse your chicken before cooking. Pat your chicken with paper towels to ensure its dry (your chicken should be dry inside and out, so the skin becomes crispy while cooking).
- Salt your chicken generously and add spices, oil or butter, as desired. Truss your chicken by tying its legs together with kitchen twine. This will ensure the chicken cooks more evenly.
- Put your whole chicken inside the baking or roasting pan, breast-side up. You can line the pan with chopped veggies and place the chicken on top of the veggies, if desired.
- Lower your oven’s heat to 400°F. Let your whole chicken cook for about 15 minutes per pound (a 6lb chicken will take about 1.5 hours to cook).
- Check your chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure its done. The internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh should be about 165°F when done.
- Remove your chicken from the oven and move it to a clean cutting board. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Now you’re ready to carve your chicken and serve!
Serve Your Family Ontario Grass-Fed Beef, Pasture-Raised Pork & Free-Run Chicken from Local Ontario Farms
The holidays are a busy time of year, and you might not have time battle the crowd at the grocery store to pick up your meal time essentials! Farmway Foods makes your holiday season easier by providing convenient meat delivery in Ontario. When you partner with an Ontario meat delivery company like Farmway Foods, you can feel good about knowing you have everything you need to cook delicious family meals in your freezer.
We proudly work with local Ontario family-run farms to provide our customers with top-quality Ontario meats, including grass-fed beef, free-run chicken, and pasture-raised pork. Get in touch with us today to build your order.