Skip to content
Back Bacon on a Bun
- 1 sweet red pepper, quartered
- 4 thin slices of Spanish onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 lb sliced Farmway Foods Peameal Bacon
- 4 whole wheat kaiser rolls
- Brush red pepper and onion with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until grill-marked and tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir mustard with honey. Add bacon to grill and brush with half of the mustard mixture; grill, covered, for 3 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining mustard mixture; grill until marked, about 3 minutes.
- Cut buns in half. Sandwich bacon, onion and red pepper in buns.
- Serve and enjoy!