- 1 lb white button mushrooms
- 1 pack of Farmway Breakfast Sausages
- sprigs of Italian Parsley for garnish, optional
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Clean mushrooms. Pat dry and gently pull off stems. Cut rough ends off of the stems & then chop the rest of the stems finely. With a small spoon, gently scoop out centers of mushrooms.
- Cook sausages as per direction and dice up small.
- In a medium bowl, mix chopped stems and mushroom meat from the centers with the sausage. Fill mushrooms with a spoonful of sausage mixture.
- Arrange in glass baking dish with 3 tablespoons water in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Top each mushroom with a tiny sprig of Italian parsley (if using) and serve immediately.